Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: End of July 2009, The Awakening

God: Reconnect to Him

The Conspiracy against God is about "The Word", and the profaning of His Holy Name within us. Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Saturday, January 23, 2010

End of July 2009, The Awakening


End of July 2009 – The Awakening

Sometime after the Fourth of July holiday, I was reading over my new newsfeeds on my Facebook page. One of my longer term friends had posted an update on his page that caught my eye. It was a remark he made about Elvis and Michael Jackson. This is what started all this, my awakening if you will.

I read the post and read it again. What it said (and I did not copy this) this person had watched the t.v. special “The Two Kings” and he was enraged that they were comparing Elvis to Michael Jackson.

He went on to say that he thought there was NO COMPARISON (yes, he used all caps) between Elvis and Michael Jackson, that Michael Jackson was a (painful to write) “freak of nature” and a “Pedophile”.

I stared at this comment and could not believe he had posted that. The anger was a growing, festering entity within me. First, I was shocked that someone like this person could blindly call someone names like this after vilifying the press and their lack of integrity over political issues. The second thing that really enraged me was that this guy is a REVEREND! Yes, a man of the cloth.

Before I thought better of it, I pounced to reply to his comment, “What are you doing? You don’t know this man? You’re going to believe everything the press has to say NOW? Why? You know he was found innocent! You’re supposed to be a man of GOD! Would Jesus treat him like that?”

He replied back of course, with similar arguments using O.J. Simpson as an example of someone who was found “innocent”. By the time I had received that reply in my email notification, 20 other people had also jumped on this thread to comment. MOST of them were in support of Michael, but some were not.

I did not want to get into this, but I was in. I realized that I didn’t know Michael Jackson either, and If I was going to defend him, I needed to do it from a position of fact . . . not emotion based on my own childhood experiences. So I went to work in Google. I searched for everything Michael. Most of what it pulled up was news reports surrounding his death and YouTube videos of his earlier songs. That wasn’t what I was looking for.

I thought for a minute. I wanted to see Michael communicating on something other than a stage. I had never really seen that before.

I typed, “Michael Jackson Interviews” into the search bar. Paydirt! There were tons of interviews on record. Some of them were duplicates from people copying other people’s videos, but I soon began watching. The first one I ever pulled up was the Oprah Interview in 1993. I had never seen it before.

I watched it and learned many things about rumors I didn’t even know existed before. People thought he was trying to turn white? People thought he wanted to buy the Elephant Man bones? People thought he slept in an air chamber? People thought he proposed marriage to Elizabeth Taylor? Really? I never read tabloid papers before. I had just seen them on the checkout stands at the grocery store. I never picked one up because the stories were usually stupid. If I want fiction I invest in Stephen King.

So I learned a few things . . . “Freak of nature”. Okay, buddy! (I thought to myself). View this you little Pharisee!

I posted the YouTube link to that video in that thread. The beagles pounced on the fox. Mr. Reverend was now on the defensive. Good.

Thinking twice, I bookmarked the video on my own computer under a new folder “Michael Jackson Interviews”. Then I continued searching. I was looking for videos of him talking about the court cases.

This went on for eight hours. I would find videos, view them, book mark them and post them to that offending post of Mr. Reverend’s.

While watching these videos, I paid attention to Michael’s eyes, his face and his voice. Talking he was so much more different than when on stage. Meek. Humble. Shy. This was the crotch-grabbing, gyrating, moonwalking-jump-on-his-toes electric performer that sold over 750 million albums world wide?

I was mesmerized. I found more interviews . . . Diane Sawyer, Geraldo, Ed Bradley, Barbara Walters, the fated Bashir docu-lie and the Entertainment Tonight follow up that I didn’t even know existed.

I watched them and tried to book mark them in order of date. By the time I had gotten to Ed Bradley’s interview with Michael I was in tears. What in the world did they do to this man? Why?

After completing the 60 Minutes Interview with Ed Bradley (took place in 2005, after the second accusation), I just put my head down on the desk and cried. The same type of tears I cry when the news runs a special report on the rescue of some severely abused or neglected animal. I felt absolutely filthy inside.

I was beyond angry. I began writing down on paper what I wanted to look for: Interviews, depositions, appearances, fans, speeches, awards, etc . . . everything I wanted to search for.

I wanted to know Michael Jackson. I wanted to know why he was such a target.

I wanted to know what compelled people to do this to ANY human being, let alone him.

I wanted to know why someone who professed God so much in just about every interview, could not seem to find any peace . . . or the love he was looking for.

I wanted to know Michael’s pain. I don’t know why, but I did. I felt if I got to know his pain, I would know him and what drew people to hurting him.

2 comments:

  1. I went through the same thing, but unlike you, I don't believe he's gone. Perhaps "The King of Pop" is, but not the man.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.