Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: June 25, 2009 . . . When Michael Died

God: Reconnect to Him

The Conspiracy against God is about "The Word", and the profaning of His Holy Name within us. Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Thursday, January 21, 2010

June 25, 2009 . . . When Michael Died


On June 25, 2009 I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when it was announced the Michael Jackson had died. I was in my car, driving back from Hunt Valley on my way home. Early in my return trip home, I heard on the car radio that Michael had been rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. I didn’t even know he was back in the United States. The last I had heard was that Michael Jackson was in the Middle East somewhere. Then London? I didn’t know. My first thought was that he had fallen, the press was making a big deal about it and he would be back home.

Twenty minutes later I am closer to home, driving on Hess Road. An announcement by a respectfully solemn news caster announced that Michael Jackson was pronounced dead at 2:26pm.

I felt like someone had punched a hole through my chest and ripped the air out of my lungs. If there was anywhere to pull over on that little back road, I would have. The grip on my airway took me by surprise. I didn’t know this man, and I didn’t know why I felt this way. But I put that feeling away until later. “I could not believe it” was my last thought. I felt like a gear inside me somewhere was slipping.

Later that evening, as I was making dinner for my husband Ed, we talked a bit about Michael. I was surprised that Michael was 50 years old. I asked my husband, “Did you like him?” His reply, “Yeah, I liked him. I never believed all that stuff about him.” Funny, I thought at that moment that I loved my husband just a little bit more. I was comforted by the fact that Ed also believed Michael was innocent of those charges.

Later that evening around midnight, I was still up. I was pulling up videos on YouTube of Michael’s “Thiller”. I pulled up all the ones I could remember watching on MTV back in the 80’s while I was rocking babies back to sleep at 3am. I found “Billie Jean”, “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough”, “Beat It”, “Bad”, “The Way You Make Me Feel”. I just wanted to see what I had missed over the last twenty years. I remembered the excitement when MTV broadcast “Thriller” on Halloween and I saw it for the first time in 1985. I remembered in 1983, before I was married and I was watching my 12 year old brother Mike and his friends trying to do the Moonwalk in our driveway before I even knew what a “Moonwalk” was. I remembered yelling at them because I thought they had gum on the bottom of their shoe that they were trying to rub off. I remember all three of his friends turning and yelling in unison, when I asked them what a Moonwalk was . . . “MICHAEL JACKSON!”

I picked up the phone and called my brother. I asked him if he heard the news. He replied with a joke that any other time, I probably would have laughed . . . just because he’s my brother. But I wasn’t amused this time. “Mike, that’s not funny” I replied.

We talked for the next 20 minutes about his daughter. I asked if he was still planning on coming down on the 4th of July. He said he was and finalized those plans. I got off the phone.

Before I went to bed, I watched one more Michael Jackson video . . . “Black or White” was one of my favorites. I liked the message. I was still kind of detached from his death, but I still couldn’t believe it. That gear inside me was still slipping. What was off? I couldn’t think. I went to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,
    Loved your description.
    I also remember where I was...
    And I did the same as you... I couldn't stop watching him since that day.
    I think because we grew up we weren't paying much attention to him. But always if he was on the radio I was listening if he was on mtv, i was watching but you know what I meant? I didn't know the new musics and then I started to listening and watching everything and reading everything related to him.
    What a lost!
    thanks for your blog!
    Love
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia, Thank you for your comment. Yes, I know what you mean. It was the same for me. I didn't go out of my way to buy things that he created, but I couldn't look away if he was on T.V. Each time I'd see one of his videos it was like the first time I saw it.

    He gave everything he had in everything he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, past Friday MLB asked Where are you at 2:26 p.m. June 25?
    This was my experience:

    I was in front of my computer writing an essay on the Ecc. 3:1 "A Time for Everything, There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot." I began to crying and looked the clock, then time stopped .......
    ....which doesn't mention is that from that day I haven't sleep a whole night. Michael always takes my thoughts in the night. During the day, the pain will not let me be at peace. What will happen to us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....... I even find it difficult to write down....
    the pain that still holds me ...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.