Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: February 1, 2010 - Signs

God: Reconnect to Him

The Conspiracy against God is about "The Word", and the profaning of His Holy Name within us. Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010 - Signs


February 1, 2010 – Signs

I am sorry, but I had to take another break from getting my notes up here, to try to cope with another loss. Guidance was offered in a unique form, so please keep reading.

My grandfather passed away on January 31, 2010.

As a testimony to my church and just why it is important to find a body of the faithful that you can comfortably gather with, I have to tell you that if it was not for my church, I would not have been able to get down there to see my grandfather before he passed.

There is a reason other than worship that we are to gather in his name. The reasons are numerous, but one of the biggest reasons is to support and edify each other in times of adversity. This was one of those times.

My husband has been underemployed since the fall of the housing industry. He was unemployed for seven months before that. We had already gone through our savings and cashed out what little investment we had to keep bills paid. We have not been the only ones in our church that fell upon hard times. Through prayer and the pulling together of our church family, we and other families are getting through these times.

When I learned that my grandfather may not make it through this hospitalization, my husband moved Heaven and high water to try to help me find a way to make that 12 hour trip. Both our vehicles are over 12 years old and were not up to the trip. My husband’s mother was going to let me borrow her car to get down there, but we still had the issue of lodging and gas money.

During a phone conversation with a friend from church, we were discussing the Angel Food itinerary for that month. She and her husband were key in helping me bring my husband to the Lord and we have done Bible Study with them for the last four years. I gave her the news about my grandfather. She told me she would pray for me.
The next day, I received a phone call from my pastor. He told me that he and the deacons got together and had decided to gift me the funds to make that trip. Apparently my friend did a little more than pray for us.

Thursday, I took the truck out to Ed’s mother’s to pick up her car. Before I moved my packed things to her vehicle, she handed me a gift certificate for one of the area grocery stores, and a wrapped present. My sister in law was standing right next to me.

Ed’s mother said, “Now I want you to open this before you leave, because I want to see your face.” (I had no clue.)

I turned the gift over and felt it, “It feels like a book”, I said.

“It is” she replied. I began unwrapping it amidst complaints from my beloved sister-in-law, Theresa, to “just open it already, like I do . . . rip it!”

So I turned it over and ripped it. I was looking at the back cover of a large, hardback book. It was a black cover with white writing on the back . . . I didn’t read it. I turned it over to take the rest of the wrapping off of it.

Looking back at me was the Michael Jackson “The Man in the Mirror 1958 – 2009” Picture book tribute. My jaw dropped. I looked up at my mother-in-law after a couple seconds of shock.

“Who told you?!!!” I exclaimed. She smiled kind of slyly and pointed toward Theresa.
“Terry did.” She smiled, “We were walking through a store and she saw that book and told me you liked Michael Jackson”.

I looked at Theresa and said, “Thank you for tattling on me!” Unbelievable. She had been spying on my Facebook page and all the posts from everyone I know that defends this man. So I had my Bible AND Michael to read on the way down. I felt like I was being watched over. It was comforting.

I did a lot of praying on my trip down. When I crossed the border into Virginia on 81, I realized I would have to put gas in the car. I stopped at the “Flying J” and got something to eat and filled up the tank.

About forty minutes outside of Winchester, Virginia, I started seeing mountains on both sides of the road. I was in a little valley between the two ranges. As I drove, I spied a water tower of an unusual color.

It was painted a brownish-red. As I drew closer to it, I could see there were apples painted on it. It was a very pretty water tower. Then I noticed the name of the town it supported . . . “Mount. Jackson”. I had never noticed that before. I had only been that far down on I-81 one other time since my mother moved to Tennessee, and I had noticed the unusual water tower then, but never noticed the name of the town before. I smiled at the irony.

Probably the hardest day I had was the day before I was to come home. Saturday, my mother and I went into the hospital. Thankfully, the snow storm we endured Friday into Saturday did not dump the amounts they were calling for. We only had about four inches in our area . . . much less than the ten inches they were calling for.

While visiting my grandfather, who was asleep much of the time, we heard gospel singers down the hall from his room. My mother told me to motion for them to come closer. I exchanged glances with her. My grandfather was very weak. He was battling pneumonia and they had already aspirated his lungs and given him a blood transfusion because of a low hemoglobin count. He was conscious for seconds at a time.

I looked out into the hallway and the man playing the guitar looked over at me. One of the singers waved. I motioned for them to come to the room and as I did so, I suddenly had to hold onto the door frame. My knees lost the ability to support me and the tears started.

They continued singing as they walked over to me. There were four vocalists. Two were men and two were women. One of the men played the guitar. The one lady whispered to me “Do you want us to go into the room?” I shook my head yes. Then I whispered, “He’s not saved.” And I began to cry again.

The lady prayed with me, for Jesus to touch his heart, and for peace about that for me. I prayed so hard that I was squeezing my eyes tight enough to push them into the back of my head.

They played and sang a hymn “Are you Washed in the Blood”. I sang in my heart but I was too upset to sing out loud. I asked silently for Jesus to touch my grandfather’s shoulder just the way he did in my dream back when I was sixteen.
After the song, they smiled and left after I thanked them. I think my mother was taken aback a bit. She was not expecting an emotional outburst from me. I had been strong up until that point.

I remember standing there, holding onto the door frame. I felt warmth on my shoulder, right where it rounds down to the arm. It was a soft, slight pressure. I thought to myself, “I know you’re there . . . please go to him.”

We left shortly after that as it was getting late and it was still snowing. We stopped for a quick dinner at “Fatz” restaurant in Greenville before heading back to my mother’s house. While eating dinner a song came over the radio by the “Jackson Five”. Little Michael was singing “Baby, Give Me One More Chance”. I felt something, but I can’t describe what it was. Familiar. Comfortable. I smiled and pointed the song out to mom, “Do you know who that is?” She said no. I said, “Little Mikey.”

I left for home on Sunday, almost at noon on the dot. At about 4pm, I was passing the exits off of I-81 for Endless Caverns and Luray Caverns. I heard that same “Jackson Five” song again, “Oh Baby, Give Me One More Chance”. I smiled.

By 4:30 I saw that familiar, apple embossed water tower. I thought Mount Jackson would be a good place to stop to gas up and fill up (I was hungry).

Waiting in the Wendy’s, I heard the SAME “Jackson Five” song, “Give Me One More Chance”. I sat and ate, spoke to my husband on the cell phone to update him on where I was. He laughed when I told him the name of the town. I called my mother to tell her the roads were great and I was safe. Then I called my mother in law to let her know approximately when to expect me.

As I was leaving “Mount. Jackson” on I-81, “Man in the Mirror” came on my radio on the car, on the Christian Contemporary Station I was listening to. There is nothing like the feeling of knowing you are being watched over. That’s what it felt like. I heard more Michael Jackson music on this trip than I ever have in that same amount of time ever.

When I got home, my husband gave me the news. My grandfather didn’t make it. He passed away at just the time I was pulling off the highway in Mount. Jackson to feed the car and myself.

He left us peacefully. No struggling. The nurse had told my mother that he was breathing shallowly, but resting peacefully. My mother was on her way in to see him when he just left.

I know my grandfather was met by Jesus. I know because I feel it in my heart. Before I left the hospital on Saturday, and after the gospel singer left the room, I walked over and whispered one last time in his hear, “Grandpop? Grandpop? Jesus told me to tell you that I saw him. He wanted you to know that he loves you and wants you with him, so please say yes when he touches your shoulder.”

Just then my mother came in. I looked over my shoulder at him as I left that room. I just knew.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a very old posting, and I am not sure you will read this, but I will give it a try.
    I too followed various forums blogs and sites about this topics regarding MJ and his passing, but after a while it all became too much and for about a year I ceased reading about it. A couple of days ago I came across your blog this is the first time in about a year that I feel so drawn to this topic again. You writings are so compelling and your research so thorough. And more importantly I admire the strength of you faith. I decided to read your blog from the start instead of backwards, lets see how far I get considering I am constantly being interrupted by my two toddlers. You are a mother as well so you must know how conflicted I feel spending so much time in front of the computer rather than spending more time with my children, But on the other hand I also feel the responsibility to search for the truth and be informed to be able to protect my children.
    Thank you for all your hard work
    Tita

    PD: I was very moved by the story about your Grandfather, your dream, and then when you mentioned that you had noticed Mt. Jackson I felt some sort of strange connection for I am quite familiar with the town since have family who lives there and I go there very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    This is a very old post - Two years old! You are determined!

    As you read (I'm not sure how far you have gotten), you are going to see a few stumbles from me, not understanding where Michael is going, but keep reading. You will see how God uses these stumbles to show me answers.

    I believe Michael figures SIGNIFICANTLY in the Biblical story. I just wrestle with exactly what part he plays. He is either using this to tell the story, or he IS the story.

    You have family in Mnt. Jackson? Home of the painted apple water tower? I love driving through there! That is the prettiest water tower I have ever seen.♥♥♥ God bless you, and your family out there. Very pretty area.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.