Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: A Sunday Poem - Let Him Be

God: Reconnect to Him

The Conspiracy against God is about "The Word", and the profaning of His Holy Name within us. Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Sunday Poem - Let Him Be



Since I want to leave Sunday's as my "day of rest", I will dedicate those days to just posting the poems that many of you may not have seen yet. I haven't written any in the last couple months but this one is the newest one:

Let Him Be

From the time he was a little boy
And moved to his first song
He became the public’s toy
Yet he was much alone

Searching through the years a friend
That he could color true
Betrayal was the only end
from many in his view

Youth folds into manhood
The stalkers lurk and glare
Tabloids run their stories
Trolls are everywhere

A sideshow attraction they did make
From a humble, lonely guy
Dig their darts and daggers in
So the papers folks would buy

Giving children everywhere
Hope before not known
Despite his record charity
The papers were not home

Millions in his shadow wait
A verdict overrides
Damage from a vengeful friend
Yet payment turns the tide

He who gave them great escape
While no escape for him
Sheltered into closing walls
And the walls were getting thin

Three attempts he made to see
A childhood left for he
The lawyers overturned his joy
When Martin made him bleed

Another hell, another day
With children of his own
Hovering within his life
In dark the press had sown

Rapid flight to nations far
He sought the refuge earned
Trailed by leeches, ghouls and fiends
Attempts to live were spurned

Distant cries of those who loved
This giving, gracious man
Please return and give us hope
Conspiracy be damned

Returning to a country known
He thought his home he’d see
Cradled by a legacy
Of envy, spite and greed

Quiet return to fame he tried
For warding off the hounds
Drooling for his legacy
Hatred knows no bounds

As he slips off into the night
A search for peace complete
Hounds of hell are scrambling
for the gold laid at his feet

Ever more the King of song
The generations see
Amazingly unto his death
Still they won’t let him be

Poem © Bonnie Cox, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words.....another bit of inspiration and reminder of Michael is the song "The Prayer" sung by Celine Dion and Andrea Bochelli. The lyrics are moving and of course their voices are exquisit. To me, God is working in peoples' hearts and minds and has used Michael as the inspiration toward a deeper awareness of the misguided priorities and twisted means of "entertainment" that permeates our society. When someone can write a poem as beautiful as that or be reminded of a song like "The Prayer" because of a particular person, I know that God is present. I know that God has been in Michael's life. I pray for justice and for truth and for healing and for continued inspiration for others to see what we already know about Michael. Blessings to you. I will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bsiverso. I will get to your other comments and I'm sorry it's taken so long. Had to work and short on time but I will comment! I will! Your words are beautiful.

    I did hear "The Prayer" and it left me crying. I love Dion's voice and Bochelli . . . those two vocals together make the hairs on my arms stand up.

    God is doing something with Michael. I thank him every day that he has showed me what he has and that he allowed me this time with Michael. I only hope to have the strength that man did when our time for persecution arrives.

    I will answer more of these tomorrow. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.