Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: Michael and Janet Jackson Let out a “Scream”

God: Reconnect to Him

The Conspiracy against God is about "The Word", and the profaning of His Holy Name within us. Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Michael and Janet Jackson Let out a “Scream”

September 28, 2010 – Michael and Janet Jackson Let out a “Scream”

 Michael taking a break in filming "Scream"


I am going to concentrate on songs from Michael’s HIStory Album since that was the first album recorded and released after the first child molestation allegations took place.  Many of his songs on this album dealt with the ingredients that lead to this event.

Michael Recorded “Scream” in  December 1994 at the Hit Factory in New York City and at Flyte Tyme Studios in Edina, Minnesota.  It is a retaliatory song directed at the tabloid media and their coverage of the child sexual abuse accusations made against Michael Jackson.  Source and History of “Scream”   

Michael Jackson’s “Scream” with Janet Jackson
 

(feat. Janet Jackson)
[Michael]
Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting
directed at me.
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks

[Janet]
Peek in the shadow
I Come into the light
You tell me I'm wrong
Then you better prove you're right
You're sellin' out souls but
I care about mine
I've got to get stronger
And I won't give up the fight
[Michael]
With such confusions don't it make you wanna scream
You're bash abusin' victimize within the scheme
(Janet)
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize
[Both]
Somebody please have mercy
'Cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream

[Michael]
Tired of you tellin' the story your way
It's causin' confusion
You think it's okay

[Janet]
You Keep changin' the rules
While I keep playin' the game
I can't take it much longer
I think I might go insane

[Michael]
With such confusions, don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin' victimize within' the scheme
(Janet)
You find your pleasure scandalizin' every lie
[Both]
Oh father, please have mercy 'cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop *?!@#!in' with me
Make me wanna scream

[Janet]
"Oh my God, can't believe what I saw
As I turned on the TV, the city
I was disgusted by all the injustice
All the injustice"
[Michael]
"All the injustice"

[News Man]
"A man has been brutally beaten to death by
Police after being wrongly identified as a
robbery suspect. The man was
an 18 year old black male..."

[Michael]
With such collusions don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin' victimize within the scheme
[Janet]
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize
[Both]
Oh brother please have mercy 'Cause I just can't take it
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop pressurin' me
Just stop pressurin' me
Stop pressurin' me
Make me wanna scream
Stop your pressure!


Confrontational Gaze in "Scream"
Dare You!



I remember seeing the previews of this video back in the mid 1990’s and I remember thinking it was weird.  I couldn’t really hear the lyrics but understood it was an “angry” song.  In the mid-1990’s I was concentrating on raising my boys and battling with the school district over my oldest son, who has Asperger’s.  I was at best unaware of Michael and his issues with anything.  I was superficially aware that Michael was abused by the press.

Michael’s part on the first verse, he says “Tired of injustice, Tired of the schemes, The lies are disgusting
directed at me.  Kicking me down, I got to get up, As jacked as it sounds, The whole system sucks
" – summarizes the injustice of the allegations, the scheming and lies behind it, and motivating himself to get back up.

Janet’s part of the verse says – “Peek in the shadow, I Come into the light, You tell me I'm wrong, Then you better prove you're right, You're sellin' out souls but, I care about mine, I've got to get stronger
And I won't give up the fight”
.

Michael's Ferocious Stage Presence




This verse is interesting especially when you couple it with the chorus which comes right after this.  Peek in the shadow and I come into the light . . . they have nothing to hide, they are not the ones doing the lying.  “You tell me I’m wrong, then you better prove you’re right”, the burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused.  Next she sings “You’re sellin’ out souls, but I care about mine” – This could have several meanings.  She could be talking about the press selling lies about real people and hurting them or it could have a deeper meaning.  Knowing the core objectives of those in power in the entertainment industry, could Janet be singing about what the entertainment industry does to the actual artists?

The entertainment industry has taken the creative control . . . the SOUL of artists and twisted them into an agenda made palatable by marketing a subtle acceptance of social degradation one year, one decade, one artist at a time.

Michael Jackson’s songs however, ran against this agenda.  Michael saw a system pitting races and religions against each other.  He was the victim of a system that emotionally bullied and tortured until you conformed.  Michael wouldn’t conform.  Michael through his music, tried to warn us what they were doing.

It is amazing the complete misinterpretation of Michael’s song “They Don’t Care About Us” by someone like the New York Times, calling Michael anti-semetic and racist because the word “Kike” was in his song, while rappers could repeatedly use the “N” word in their songs, sing about killing cops and taking drugs and killing rival gang members without getting so much as a finger wag.

Michael Jackson's Gentle Soul



Those in the driver’s seat of social awareness are the very people lying to us.  Anyone calling them out as Michael did, were vilified and unmercifully persecuted using the misinterpretation of their own words.  With Michael, because he so incessantly spoke of God, God’s love and acquainted trust in God with that of the trust a child would have, they went a step further and made him a “pedophile” . . . at least, in the press.

There are still industry insiders that post on forums that they KNEW Michael was a pedophile and they never knew the man.  The jury has been out and back for years, but they still peddle this garbage.  Sony needs to get ahold of this gentleman and inform him that now Michael is “dead”, he needs to “change direction” or Sony will lose profits.

This part of the Chorus – “With such confusions, don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin' victimize within' the scheme you find your pleasure scandalizin' every lie”

Michael by this time knows that there is a “scheme” behind the allegations and the lies in the press and that it is by design, not an accident.

Michael and Janet - "Scream"


At the beginning of the film, you see the space ship floating over the earth. Then the camera zooms in on the portal and inside the ship.  Lights come on and vending machines are visible, one which prominently displays a sign for “stress tabs”.  Both Michael and Janet are awakened and come to life, as if finally the noise (feedback) of the lies and injustice in the press beg them to respond.  Michael “screams”, breaking the “glass” of silence as both he and Janet come out swinging, battling the injustice being forced upon them.

In one early scene, Michael begins dancing then the shot flashes to Michael breaking a guitar, smashing it on the floor.  His talent has brought him attention, but not all of it is good.

During “Scream” the video, which interestingly enough was also shot in black and white, as was “Stranger in Moscow”.  The siblings are in a space ship and a number of shots give the impression of the lack of gravity, which reminded me of the lack of gravity to the allegations made in the press about Michael and the Jackson family in general.

The shots show flash pictures of a flat screen that shows words.  The words I caught were “gravity”, “habitation”, “gallery”, “Media”, “Meditation”, “observation”, “Recreation”.  This wasn’t just words thrown up on a screen to separate segments of the video.  This was telling us something.  These words are displayed throughout the video in this order.  I would like to hear everyone else’s interpretation of what, if any significance they have.

Several scenes in the video (I’m sorry Michael . . . short! Short film!) depict the siblings playing games that end in destruction of some inanimate object, like the space-aged racket ball game where the ball breaks a vase.  This reminded me of the games those trying to hurt Michael were playing with the intent to destroy.  Other shots show Janet and Michael playing a video game and fighting over the controller, playfully.  I thought this was adorable and it gave the impression that the siblings may tangle or even fight with each other but not to question that love was there.  It could also have poked fun at the completely disproportionate attention the press put on such disagreements between the siblings, in an effort to portray them as a dysfunctional, fame-spoiled family.

At the very end of the film, we see Michael and Janet holding each other.  Janet with a fierce and confrontational look on her face and Michael with an angry and wounded look on his face.  Janet has a protective arm around her brother.  There are many reading this blog who share this sentiment.

This video was about and in response to the allegations yes, but I believe this was also mainly aimed at the press and the media and their destructive hold they have on society.

We can be coerced, bullied, pummeled, harassed just watching our own televisions, reading the newspaper or listening to the radio.  We are told what to buy, who to vote for, what music to listen to, what lies to believe, what ideology is “acceptable” and we can stop it by doing one thing:

TURN IT OFF

We don’t have to watch, listen to or read it. And in our desires to be “entertained” and “escape”, be cognizant of what it is they are forcing down your throat. 

Ask yourself if there is any “gravity” to what they are telling you.  This is your “habitation”.  There is a  “gallery” of available information.  Do your own research if it is going to affect you.  The “Media” is not your friend. They don’t care about you.  Use “Meditation”, “observation” of the pieces of information you get and if it still confuses you, you can always turn it off and reconnect with your family in some good, old fashioned “Recreation”.

God Bless you.

Michael Jackson in his element



26 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I noticed that you said that your son has Asperger's. I remember reading an article about the possibility that MJ also had that disorder. The articles looked at MJ's personality traits and shyness, and what they perceive as his inability to adjust to adulthood.

    How is your son doing now? What kind of battles did you have with his school? Did you not like the way they treated him?

    Here is an article on it:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Michael_Jackson_have_autism_or_Asperger's_Syndrome

    Here is a discussion on this topic:
    http://autismsupportnetwork.leveragesoftware.com/group_discussion.aspx?discussionid=8c5957da77ca42a4abbda5a09f08d68f

    Thanks!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I had read that somewhere too, but I'm not sure how much "gravity" I would give to that assumption. My son had social challenges that took forever to coach him through and he could not articulate when trying to defend himself. He is 24 years old now, works and will be moving into a townhouse he will share with two other guys at the end of this month.

    I can't tell you how Michael navigated society, but my son was completely separated from it. My son could not anticipate the actions of others and did not seem to be able to understand the responses people had to him, but in contradiction sometimes operated on a level layers deep than most in certain circumstances. My son gave me an education in awareness of details I might not otherwise have had. He super-focuses in some areas and is completely aloof in others.

    In school, teachers and other children totally did not get him. He would withdrawl from agressive children, but seemed to attract them. However he would gravitate toward children who were "outcasts" or picked on and take them under his wing.

    My son also had hearing problems in the early developmental years and this exacerbated his communication problems early on. During his early primary school years, he communicated physically because nobody could understand his speech and tended to ignore him. He would respond by pulling or grabbing at someone to get their attention. He was suspended quite often for this.

    The crime committed against children like my son is one, the propensity for teachers/schools to "label" a child as deficient. My son is extremely gifted in understanding and piecing together events in history all the way back to Biblical times. He can give you the psychological makeup of Constantine and verbally walk you through the history of the Persian Empire, but he couldn't tell you where he left his house keys five minutes before and he cannot balance a checkbook.

    That is my son. However, there is a level of innocence in him that will never be breached and because of that, God can get in there and work within him. The things that come out of his mouth sometimes drop even my jaw, and I know him.

    He has had his struggles, but I make sure to remind him how much of a blessing he is, and not to wish himself any different because God has a plan for him, despite what the public school system tried to do to him.

    Thank you for the link, David. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bonnie,

    "Michael by this time knows that there is a “scheme” behind the allegations and the lies in the press and that it is by design, not an accident." -Bonnie

    Excellent thoughts on "Scream." You're right on target! This is another one of my favorite videos of Michael's and very different from "Stranger." The introspective, graceful, subtle defiance of "Stranger" transitions into the confrontational, ferocious in your face defiance of "Scream"...MJ style! Excellent!!!

    I absolutely loved Janet's performance of this song late last year in her brother's honor at the VMA's. She performed it with conviction and passion and she clearly wanted to show that she had her brother's back. It's touching to read accounts of her rehearsing for this performance. Even though she knew it was real intellectually, she was still having a hard time dealing with it emotionally. Understandable. She broke down during rehearsal when the first images of her brother in "Scream" came up on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, the lyrics in Scream and most other Michael songs post 1994 enabled him to express himself in lieu of the spoken word with which he was far less comfortable. I recall he said "I don't like to talk much". His lyrics and performances spoke volumes for him, didn't they?

    However, there were times in which his spoken words were very forceful, for instance at the 1994 Image Awards when he was presenting to Debbie Allen, he thanked the entire audience for sticking by him and reassured them of his innocence. It was a WOW moment for everyone hearing his words.

    There was no mistaking Michael's intent in the lyrics to "DS", and I've even seen some clips where he used Sneddon's name rather than Dom Sheldon. I thought, Michael, you might as well get your point across, as Mad Dog isn't going to relent in his pursuit of you no matter how you sanitize the lyrics.

    Someone recently posted here a link to William Wagener's video of a professor in criminology who attended the September 15th seminar "Frozen in Time" in Los Angeles, in which this professor reported that Ron Zonen, the assistant DA under Sneddon, said the 2005 case was ultimately a "shakedown". Did you get a chance to view that video? I think the question remained whether Sneddon and staff came to that conclusion AFTER the trial, or during the trial. The professor could not say for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bonnie and @David,

    Thank you both for your insight. Bonnie, I'm glad that your son has achieved a certain degree of independence despite his struggles. He's a blessing for you as you are for him.

    I had read articles suggesting Michael had the first two conditions you mentioned, David. As the article you linked points out, there are too many things that suggest he didn't have these conditions. There was a suggestion of Michael perhaps having an "Anxiety Exposure" sensitivity and that does make some sense to me. Although the inherent problem with "labels" is that once applied, the person is now confined to that limited definition of who we think they are. It's a fine line certainly. The health care profession thrives on labels. Once we find a label for you, we'll give the corresponding pill to fit the label. Often times the label and the pill have been diagnosed imporperly. More children are being diagnosed with ADD than before due to the definition of this condition being changed over the years to include more types of disfuncion behaviours related to attentiveness. Ever more pills are being handed out to children that don't need them. More and more we seem to be teaching kids to solve problems with pills. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie, another good analogy. I venture to say that it was multiple schemes and pressure that were coming at him from all directions. Although he was wounded he never gave up or in. The sharks were all around him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SandyK - You said: "I absolutely loved Janet's performance of this song late last year in her brother's honor at the VMA's. She performed it with conviction and passion and she clearly wanted to show that she had her brother's back. It's touching to read accounts of her rehearsing for this performance."


    I agree! I saw that on Youtube. Her performance, although short, stopped my breathing. Then I cried when she looked up in short prayer. That hurt! I'm glad I didn't see any of her rehearsal footage. Back then I would have been toast.

    ________________________________________

    June - You said: "However, there were times in which his spoken words were very forceful, for instance at the 1994 Image Awards when he was presenting to Debbie Allen, he thanked the entire audience for sticking by him and reassured them of his innocence. It was a WOW moment for everyone hearing his words." ------

    I agree. {{{{{{{Michael!}}}}}}}♥ I did not watch that in 1994. But I did on Youtube last year.

    On the "Frozen in Time", Sneddon flipping knew! He knew! What is he kidding me? Sneddon may or may not have known it was a "shakedown". Puh-lease! I would like to see them locked up behind bars, in a bathroom with "doo-doo" all over the walls, then thrown int Solitary for 15 months while Mr. Fine filters Michael Jackson music through speakers into their cells 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SandyK - I really abhore the thought of "labeling" Michael . . . or my son for that matter. You are right. It places limitations on them in other people's minds . . . and those people in turn try to place those limitations on the individual in question.

    Michael was a "genius". He was gifted in what God gifted him with. Who said he had to be gifted in all?

    To me, people labeled with "conditions" such as Asperger's are only people who's God-given path is just more clear to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, I purchased a video through Amazon (not a Sony product) called MJ Awards, it's 3 hours of clips of probably every award Michael received starting with Off the Wall. There are many philanthropic and charitable awards as well as musically related awards. It really shows how he was built up in the 80's and early 90's; he really could go no higher, so someone made the decision to start his downward spiral. Anyway, there's a lengthy portion about the 2003 fan birthday party (I had seen clips previously) but this vid had much more; his audience was wildly receptive of course, and he again took off on Sony and Motolla to rousing applause. No, he was not quiet at all, and there was no music or lyrics involved; only his spoken word and he was very outspoken. Some of this vid isn't very clear as it's old footage, some actually from his teens; however I believe it's a great addition for anyone who wants to see how high he rose in the early 80's, right into 2007. Some is not chronological but it's still acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ David and Bonnie: I tend to lean more towards Michael having "Exposure Anxiety" rather than AS. But that's going only from what I've observed with Michael throughout the years, and let's face it...Michael quite often had only exposed the parts of himself that he wanted to be seen, and held back on a lot of other things out of a need/desire to guard his privacy. So, without a clear diagnosis, no one can truly say for certain what he suffered from.

    Now, as for the "Scream" analysis...I say, BRAVO!!! I also noted that here was a person who frequently smiled broadly only in later years to have that once beautiful smile to be reduced to a smirk. Also forever lost was the chipmunk cheeks. They gave way to a gaunt or a "chiseled" face. :( His music changed too. Sure, he still sang ballads, and occasionally rocked it, but in his later years, there was a lot of anger and pain in his music. For the most part, songs like "Stranger" would be so painful, I'd have to skip or FF it, to avoid crying. Songs like "Scream" however, would make a great "cover" if I had a "bad day."

    One day I overheard my kids tell a few friends..."We can always tell what mood Mom is in, by the sort of music she listens to. If we hear the likes of Ozzy Osbourne or Metallica? We know...someone is in deep dookie and in serious danger of a hot butt. If it's Michael Jackson dance beat-- it's all good, but if it's a sad one? Someone hurt her feelings. BUT...if Michael's 'Scream' is playing? Just go outside and play. Mom's ready to blow a gasket!" LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, I have two Masters in Education, one in Curriculum/Literacy and the other in ECSE.. Early Childhood/Special Education. I am a Middle School teacher working as a Resource Teacher. I am sure you are aware of we do having a child diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. For those who aren't familiar with the term, it is associated with Autism.. Reading your description of your son's experiences it takes me back to a student who I had a few years ago whose profile is what you describe. He would sometimes not want to come into class and sit outside the door in a fetal position. He trusted few and had less friends. But, he was extremely intelligent and perceptive. I have never thought about associating Michael with the traits of Aspergers/Autism. I think there is a big difference between shyness and the symptoms associated with this disability. It is obvious that Michael has issues, but he was friendly with fans, welcomed them, went out of his way to invite and help those who felt needed him and he could help.. This is not what a person with characteristics of that disability and it is considered a Medical Disability would ever do. Reaching out and touching.. it would never happen.. Re reading the words to Scream send goosebumps up my arms.. really. how so much more clearer Michael's internal pain was. We Loved him because he was so cute, and the talent.. and exceeded the bar.. but, I for one never analized his clever and self describing words of how much he was being attacked, and just asking Why? and Stop.. Hindsight is always blind.. we always say, "If I only knew, if I just would have done this or that..' Really, where were those family members? Why did they not 'Hear' his words and step in. Is it just LMP who saw what was happening and thought she could be his savior, and she disappointed him too?? are he disappointed her? If I am hurting, my family knows.. they don't leave me to suffer on the inside while taking and taking. Looking back and all we have learned in the past year, I see Michael as a man who was not going to enjoy the years as his mother and father have. For some reason when he had his children, I really thought that Michael would be ok.. I wish he would have just done what he said when he returned from his self exile .. when asked by a reporter what he was going to do and he replied , not verbatim.. but, 'My Plans are to take my kids and see every Magic Show in Las Vegas'.. the shows are neverending.. and I wish MJ was still in the audience with Prince, Paris and Blanket..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jenn,

    You mentioned LMP's struggle to help Michael. I'm adding her blog post from last year where she bares her soul the day after Michael's death. She felt his loss deeply and her post is very real, very personal, very heartfelt. I've read it many times and it still moves me 15 months later. Despite her conflicted feelings for this man over the years, some of those difficult feelings expressed publically to the dismay of Michael's fans, she never stopped loving him. The depth and anguish of her post clearly shows that. For myself, her post dismissed any conflicted feelings I may have had for her over the years. People need space and understanding. It's too easy to judge and be an armchair quarterback, so to speak. I can be a victim of this and her post caused me to step back and take notice of my short comings in the way I percieve others.

    Love to you LMP.♥

    LMP's post: "He Knew"

    Source:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=42291868&blogId=497035326

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Bonnie for "Scream". I always loved the video. Thought it was healthy to see Michael angry and hitting back and expressing himself in the way that only he could. I felt at the time it was the muck that the media had dragged him through. Little did we all know how much filthier it would get.

    I had a neighbour - a young man who had Aspergers. He was an incredible contradiction in so many ways. He was very smart and extremely tenacious. I called him an inventor. He was leading an independent life on his own with weekly visits from his father and I believe he had a social worker. Unfortunately he was still the subject of adult bullies even though he was in his mid 20s. Some of the neighbours just could not accept that he was different and would slander and taunt him until he became angry. He ended up moving just to escape them.

    I believe Michael had social anxiety and much of it developed through his childhood. The childhood abuse coupled with having to achieve for the sake of the family would have placed him under enormous pressure. His emotional development would surely have been arrested at a young age. Adult children unfortunately have to carry the wounded child within them through their adult lives unless they have the benefit of healing. Michael was a sensitive soul and would have felt emotional pain acutely I am sure. Neverland, his love of children, pets and nature - all of those innocent pursuits tell me that he was attempting to heal the wounded child within him. Unfortunately the ignorant masses did nothing else but criticise him for it because like the vitiligo, they refused to try to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me, most of the lyrics of this song are self-explanatory - media abuse.

    In general, I personally see his lyrics speaking both broadly and to particular subjects. The beauty of his multi-faceted approach quite often just leaves me in awe.

    "A man has been brutally beaten to death by
    Police after being wrongly identified as a
    robbery suspect. The man was
    an 18 year old black male...

    With such collusions don't it make you wanna scream"

    Racism is STILL alive and well especially within the system. Ask any inner-city black person and you will hear of their struggle against prejudice. It is true for many ethnic groups.

    Collusion is a very strong word, and he speaks of that not being the only one he was aware of.

    1. a secret agreement, esp. for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy.
    2. Law . a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement.

    "Your bash abusin' victimize within the scheme"

    What scheme? Yes, there's racism in the music industry but it doesn't stop there. It sounds to me like racism is only a piece of the broader picture.

    "Michael Jackson’s songs however, ran against this agenda. Michael saw a system pitting races and religions against each other. He was the victim of a system that emotionally bullied and tortured until you conformed."

    That is true but it goes beyond the music industry. We are all bullied and tortured in various ways in an effort to force systematic conformity. They pit more than races and religions against each other. They weasel a wedge between any and all differing affiliations and beliefs as well as human and Constitutional rights against human and Constitutional rights. Above all, unity is a threat. They are very skilled at dividing us - invading our thought processes.

    "As jacked as it sounds
    The whole system sucks"

    "WHOLE system" - the music industry is only a part of whole.

    I think it is these bold lyrics, Michael's determination to enlighten us through his own experiences and knowledge, that continued to bring the politicorp hammer down on him. His sacrifice for all of us while being true to himself was immense!

    I agree with Jenn, I don't believe that Michael had Asperger's or any form of autism. BTW, I have a friend in his 60s who has Asperger's and he vehemently refutes any association with autism, says they just needed a category to stick it in, that's the one the professionals chose, based solely on one commonality - social challenges.

    A group of us at work took an Asperger's test. ALL of us showed varying degrees of "symptoms".

    I believe Michael's behaviors were his personality along with coping skills acquired as a result of his childhood and adult experiences. Simple, no label necessary.

    "There are still industry insiders that post on forums that they KNEW Michael was a pedophile (right Bill?) and they never knew the man."

    Who's Bill?

    "Ask yourself if there is any “gravity” to what they are telling you. This is your “habitation”. There is a “gallery” of available information. Do your own research if it is going to affect you. The “Media” is not your friend. They don’t care about you. Use “Meditation”, “observation” of the pieces of information you get and if it still confuses you, you can always turn it off and reconnect with your family in some good, old fashioned “Recreation”."

    Very good observation and summary, Bonnie.

    I seldom read "news" and never watch "news". Most reality shows grate my nerves, they are filled with gossip and squash ambition. And it just plain Ps me off the crap in cartoon form grabbing ahold of children's minds. TURN IT OFF, indeed!

    Lady - "We can always tell what mood Mom is in, by the sort of music she listens to."

    LOL, astute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie – thank you so much. As you usual you have done a great job expressing “Scream”. I listen all Michael’s songs but never paid attention to the lyrics and the meaning of them before until you write about them. I am really mad at myself right now. I wonder how many people are like me they just love the music and never know what is all about.

    I don’t understand how is the word “Kike” could be interpreted as Michael being anti-semetic and racist? What is “Kike” means anyway?

    You said through the media, “We are told what to buy, who to vote for, what music to listen to, what lies to believe, what ideology is “acceptable”, and on top of what you said they even tell us what garbage to eat, what medicine to take and in general what we need to do about our own health. “Turn it off” is the way to go and you said it right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenn commented: "Really, where were those family members? Why did they not 'Hear' his words and step in. Is it just LMP who saw what was happening and thought she could be his savior, and she disappointed him too?? Or he disappointed her? If I am hurting, my family knows.. they don't leave me to suffer on the inside while taking and taking. Looking back and all we have learned in the past year, I see Michael as a man who was not going to enjoy the years as his mother and father have. For some reason when he had his children, I really thought that Michael would be ok."

    With that well-stated, I too had thought that once Michael had children of his own, he would be ok. In fact, IMHO I felt that he was finally a "whole" person once he did. The subsequent positive change within him, which those with eyes had seen was that Michael was finally able to bridge (balance) the turmoil of his two sides of personality: the child and the man by finally becoming a Father, and for the most part, I had thought it had finally brought about some form of peace and reconciliation within himself as well, and the fact that he did such SOLO-- his children had no "mother" in the conventional sense, which in turn made Michael the sole parent, put Michael in the role of not only Father, but Mother as well!

    Speaking from personal experience here, YES...single parents have a tough job, and quite often we are forced to portray multiple roles for our children: Father, Mother, nurse/doctor (at the times when baby scrapes his/her knee or wakes up at 3 am crying from a fever), playmate, disciplinarian, cheerleader, teacher... ALL of those roles are what it is like to be a single parent and it's a job that is portrayed 24/7-- without vacation. LOL! It's a tough enough job when there are two active parents but when there is only one??? Yowza!...

    In spite of the turmoil Michael endured growing up, and the honest assessment that his family was NOT as close or "tight knit" as they portrayed themselves in public, Michael himself says it all here, and I bring this out in response to "Really, where were those family members? Why did they not 'Hear' his words and step in.": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAzarSbfPEk ("Oh, your family is so close and tight knit....Tight knit my ass.", Michael's OWN words.)

    Michael was a single parent, whom many stated that he was an "excellent parent". You have to give credit its proper due. It's clear that Michael gave his children what he felt he had lacked when he was growing up. For the most part, many parents tend to do that, but with those of us who came from abusive or neglect-filled homes and childhoods, we tend to surprisingly become "super parents", although on the downside the reverse can also be said of others coming from the same settings. But, for the most part, I feel that the majority of us coming from abusive or neglective childhoods DO tend to be more determined to "be there" and more active with our offspring only because we tend to take less for granted. And, for that...I thought that Michael did a wonderful job. It's just sad he couldn't see it through to "completion." (A parent's job never really ends, the role just shifts a bit once "Junior" turns 18. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonnie - I can understand how you felt about the school system raising your children. I had my share with school system too raising my son who was super active and couldn't sit on one place for longer period of time. School personals have ways to quickly label students who are “different” as “mischievous” and "bad" without even trying to understand why certain children behave the way they do. The school system luck complete training how to handle various students with different personalities.

    I believe our school system is completely broken, and need some fixing. I am glad your son came out to be a fine gentleman. I believe too God has a plan for him and he will be perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @SadyK –

    You are right when you said, “The health care profession thrives on labels. Once we find a label for you, we'll give the corresponding pill to fit the label”. That is exactly what happened to me raising my son labeling him he had ADD and trying to give him medicine to “calm” him down. I said to calm him down or to kill him? I refused and started watching his diet by eliminating sugar and fast foods. My alternative approach worked and he started changing to be more focused as he grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SandyK ~
    I agree about LMP and her blog post, straight from her heart. Too much judging.

    I also agree about the health care profession's obsession with labels and over-prescribing drugs. In light of that, I don't understand the whole "zero tolerance" drug policy. Just because powerful, dangerous drugs are deemed legal doesn't make them any better for us. And what's really disturbing to me is that the prescribing professionals don't generally have knowledge of drug interactions. Quite often, partly because everybody's chemistry is different, they prescribe many different combinations over time - experimenting to find the least harmful side effects. Now that is a dangerous situation, making the patient nothing more than a guinea pig. Guinea pig as well because many of the drugs have not been properly tested - big pharma cutting costs, increasing profits - FDA in their back pocket.

    Mesrak -
    "I said to calm him down or to kill him? I refused and started watching his diet by eliminating sugar and fast foods. My alternative approach worked and he started changing to be more focused as he grew up."

    Good for you! I soooo agree with all you said! A large part of the problem with kids labeled with ADD, ADHD is unwholesome food reactions, you're right. Another part is that schools expect kids to fit into limited teaching methods. Some kids are kinetic learners, meaning they need to DO, be physically involved rather than watch or just listen, which causes boredom, agitation and frustration. It's easier and more cost-effective to drug them.

    Kike is seen as a derogatory term for Jews. People misunderstood Michael's meaning. Much like they misunderstood his smashing symbols of hatred in his Black or White short film. Rather than see what he is saying, they jump to conclusions. People pass it off as violent, not even interested in the deeper meaning they instantly condemn him.

    BTW Bonnie, I look forward to your examination of They Don't Care About Us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jenny

    One of the reason Michael was hurt is because of the Media and what they did to him. I am sure his family heard every bit of the words, but what would they could have done? The media machine has deep pockets, the microphones, the print papers, with powerful connections. Nothing the family could do to stop it. On top of that, there is no law that I know that prevents false slander or insult of any celebrities as a matter of fact anyone.

    Remember “Freedom of Speech”? That will prevent you from pursing it in the court of law. Believe me the family or Michael himself could have stopped it long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @mimi - freedom of speech does have it's limits. In recent years, several celebrities have filed law suits and collected due to false and salacious articles printed about them, Brad Pitt and Ang Jolie come to mind. I recall Michael saying to the effect don't believe it unless you hear it from me. If he had gone to court every time a falsehood was attached to his name, he would have less of a life than even the one he had. Even after his trial and acquittal, the barrage of lawsuits against him, mostly filed by attorneys for fees and others treating him as their personal ATM, were a source of pain and embarassment, causing him to walk away from them. The snowball effect of all this was the state in which he found himself in 2008.

    @Lady, your comments about Michael being a single parent were compelling. In light of Bonnie's recent blogs about his torment coming through in his lyrics since 1995, I wondered why Michael persisted in his desire to have children, to bring them into this world which was so hostile towards him. If he was so worried for his own safety, those worries must have been compounded having three children to protect. As a parent, I know life is "completed" with children and I think our desires to have children come from wanting to bring them to a better place and achieve more than we ourselves ever could, and mostly be "happy souls"; how could Michael have seen that for his children from his place of isolation, frustration and persecution?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lady - "I tend to lean more towards Michael having "Exposure Anxiety" rather than AS."

    I'm not even familiar with EA. I'm not qualified to diagnose anyone so I will leave that to others. :o) I don't know what this means, but I get panic attacks. I never got them up until about 1999 and it was during a stalker episode (It was someone I worked with) that I had one and didn't know what it was. It scared me. Since that year of "hell" I get them now. Not often, but in confrontational situations, depending on the situation, I get the heart races and short of breath and feel like I am going to pass out. What would you call that? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think being a "dad" was the absolute best thing for Michael. And look at the children he raised! Beautiful, smart, astute, poised and still children. (((hugthemall))) I am so glad Michael home schooled.

    My sister home schooled all four of her children through to high school, then they went to charter schools. The two girls had their degrees at age 18. I home schooled my boys but only for one year. That is all they could take before they wanted to be back with friends. My oldest needed the social interaction, but I had to continue to tutor him at home or he would have never learned to read.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for this posting. I enjoyed very much your analysis of the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blog ... A huge thank you! I had been studying MJ's lyrics for some years now and I am happy to know that I was right that most of his songs was against what the industry wanted for him. Such a very humble human being but also tortured in so many ways while battling the demons within.

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Diana,

    I have only been studying Michael's lyrics for the last two years but I was a singer of other people's songs when I was a teen and always took the words of songs into my heart. Michael wasn't my style of music, until . . . :o)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.