Please enable JavaScript in your browser preferences and then Reload this page!!!

Michael Jackson Justice: Free Michael, Will You Be There?

God: Reconnect to Him

Adam fell in the garden, breaking the direct connection to God. Jesus, the "last Adam" was a quickening Spirit, the Word made Flesh, and the only one with whom we can re-establish our relationship with God. Michael's story is still unfolding. He is the one who is, is not. But Jesus is the only name given under heaven by which we must be saved. Many are trying to rewrite HIStory. We were given a help to instruct us. Learn more "here".

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Free Michael, Will You Be There?


October 13, 2010 – Free Michael, Will You Be There?



Today was a beautiful, harvest day.  I drove out to Hunt Valley (the place where God stuck his leg out and tripped me on a June afternoon in 2009) to get some personal business done, then out to visit my oldest son.  The temperature was a comfortable and light 68 degrees, very slight breeze, not a cloud in the sky and not an aroma in the air.  I drove past fields of sunflowers that were no longer smiling, but solemn, with heads bowed, faces browning.  I had planned to run my son to do a couple of his own chores, then to lunch.

The trip out is a good hour and a half so I took my CD’s of Michael out with me. (Thank you again, Vanessa!  God bless you!)   I had taken the “Dangerous”, “Blood on the Dance Floor HITM”, “Bad” and “Invincible” with me.  The first CD I popped in was “Dangerous”.  I listened to the songs and got to “Will You Be There” just as I crested the hill that announced the town in which my son lives.

“Will You Be There” for me, as with most who were not hard core Michael fans back in the day, was the “Free Willy” song.  I was first exposed to it in a theater, when I took my oldest son who was then eight years old, during the opening credits of the movie.  Not even five minutes into the movie, the whale, who is being netted for capture, cries.  Unprepared for the burst of emotion from an over-active boy, tears well up in my own eyes as my son crumbles into my arm in unabashed sobbing as Michael’s song becomes a distant instrumental carrying you into the opening scene.  I remember it like yesterday and closeness I felt to my son at the realization that his empathy for animals was stronger than I realized.

The song is not about a whale.  It is about heavy burdens.  It is about pain and a man’s search for relief understanding and love.  The song is a cry for a hand, a hug, a heart to reach out to him.

“Will You Be There”


"Will You Be There" is a song by Michael Jackson which was released as a single in 1993. The song was introduced in the 1991 album Dangerous and also appeared on the soundtrack to the film Free Willy, of which it is the main theme.”

“In a 2002 ITV interview, Jackson said that he wrote "Will You Be There" while sitting in a tree at his Neverland Ranch.”  Read more here


As this song played in my car, it is one of those songs that make your heart expand in your chest until your breathing feels constricted.  It is beautiful.  I fought not to cry. Why does this stuff always hit me in the car when I’m driving? (Why do you play these songs in the car, while driving?  Hush!)   As I listened to the lyrics, this is what I felt:

Hold Me
Like The River Jordan
And I Will Then Say To Thee
You Are My Friend

I felt Michael’s longing for someone to spontaneously reach out to him for a change.  To offer friendship in exchange for nothing other than understanding.

Carry Me
Like You Are My Brother
Love Me Like A Mother
Will You Be There?

Weary
Tell Me Will You Hold Me
When Wrong, Will You Scold Me
When Lost Will You Find Me?

This is the part where I felt my heart begin to expand. The diaphragm tightens and the breathing becomes short little bursts of inhale-exhale. This is usually when my eyes begin to fill up.  But I was suspended between short bursts of breathing and the tears.  Listening to Michael ask to be genuinely loved and cared about, worried about, asking for a sharing of hearts.

Michael Singing "Will You Be There"

But They Told Me
A Man Should Be Faithful
And Walk When Not Able
And Fight Till The End
But I'm Only Human

This for me is the crux of the song.  I could feel the struggle and Michael pleading for God to recognize his limitations, begging for relief from a fight he saw no end to.  I thought that Michael must have felt the burden of much of the pain he felt in the world.  Michael wanted others to see and feel what he felt and to share the burden of the pain he felt from so many.  At times I believe this deep empathy he felt was overpowering.



Everyone's Taking Control Of Me
Seems That The World's
Got A Role For Me
I'm So Confused
Will You Show To Me
You'll Be There For Me
And Care Enough To Bear Me

I understood this immediately.  It is signature Michael.  Since he was a child, he has never had his own life.  No control of it.  He belonged to the world since childhood.  In the world but not of the world.  He has given and given and filled that role.  This felt to me like Michael was on the precipice of understanding that his true purpose was something more than what the world wanted him for.  He had reached what he thought may have been the zenith of his career, but was confused about what was being asked of him beyond that.  It reminded me of the quote from Michael in an interview, where he said, “ . . . I don’t think I have yet scratched the surface of my true purpose here” when talking about the roles God had for people.  Michael was looking for his purpose beyond the stage.  Where else was God to take him in his purpose?  “You’ll be there for me, and care enough to bear me” he is again looking for love and understanding and someone to share his burden.  Perhaps a soul mate to share that burden as well as his heart.

The song breaks into the chorus of Andre Crouch Choir (who is also featured in “Man in the Mirror”) and the most repeated song lyrics on Facebook since Michael’s death is made in a pleading voice on the edge of anguish:



[Spoken]
In Our Darkest Hour
In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care?
Will You Be There?
In My Trials
And My Tribulations
Through Our Doubts
And Frustrations
In My Violence
In My Turbulence
Through My Fear
And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
I'll Never Let You Part
For You're Always In My Heart.

Michael, during this monolog in the song, breaks into a trembling, on the verge of tears voice at the end.   Michael here opens his heart to his audience.  Michael seems to struggle to verbalize the burdens he holds.  His deepest despair, his trials and tribulations, then into sharing of doubts and frustrations Michael is offering us an opportunity to get to know him.  He bares his heart to all he has been harboring, holding it out in his hand and asking you to hold onto it, just for a moment – Just long enough for you know his pain and feel his anguish.  With the last two lines, he tells you he will return the gesture by holding you in his heart and never letting you go.



This song is an anthem to love and care for one another.  This was written before the allegations against him in 1993, so much of his pain I felt stemmed from growing up with loneliness, an absence of nurturing and being held because of a childhood spent on the road.  Tissues!

This man had so much love to give people, where did it come from?  Where did someone with such an atrophied childhood grow such a compassion and empathy for people?  How was Michael able to feel and absorb the pain of others when his own went so neglected?

Michael gave and gave and gave for 40+ of his 50 years before he was taken from the world.  How does someone continuously do this, with the way he was treated, persecuted and lied about for decades and still remain the gracious, humble, sweet and child-like man that he had always been?

You only have to listen to his interviews to find out.  He had a faith in God and a love for God that few people have the nerve to even profess in public.  And for a pop star to openly talk about God with the same simple, openness of a child just didn’t exist.  Michael’s strength went beyond human endurance because that strength at its core came from Michael’s faith.  It came from God.



Knowing all this about Michael Jackson, I have to ask a few people to explain to me just what it was that gave you any illusion that you were worthy to judge him?

J. Randy Taraborrelli, please tell me exactly what your contributions are other than to Michael’s pain?

Charles Thomson, please explain to Michael’s fans what it is you feel places you in any position of judgment against a man that could run circles around you in character.

Oprah Winfrey, Why is it that Michael managed to outspend you in charitable giving without the need to broadcast it to the press or through his own talk show?  Most found out about it after he died through youtube videos uploaded by his friends.

Samantha DeGosson & TINI, please tell Michael’s fans how you managed to follow Michael so closely for so many months without one bit of his love, compassion or humility rubbing off on you?

John Branca and Sony Music, What in Heaven’s name ever gave you the idea that Michael owed you any more than what you already managed to accomplish using his shoulders as a launch pad?

To the rest of the sycophants from Michael’s past, your envy and sense of entitlement is being made aware to the world with every interview, comment, post and Facebook note you contribute to.  It wasn’t that hard to get to know him.  What was it you were afraid of?  Love?

To those of you who feel the compulsion to beat on Michael’s family for whatever demented purpose has hit you at the moment, it is not winning you any points.  Not with the family, and not with the fans.

He is gone and still you contribute to his pain.   How can you claim to care about his children if you are attacking the very people that love them?

(Karen Faye) wingheart: "My heart aches more than any one will every know. Clearly seeing how MJ was never loved as a son...merely a commodity."

That’s just beautiful.  Karen Faye is selling past videos she took of Michael (“it was my life too . . .”) and we may NEVER know the culprit behind the sale of the crypt pictures, but Michael’s family treated him like a commodity.  Karen . . . you need to be faster on the delete, button.  Everyone has been copying those tweets of yours before you got to them.

I will not post Randy Jackson’s tweets because there were several but in a nutshell, he does not sit well with his parents letting Oprah interview them.

I cannot feel enough pain for him.  The more I see uncovered in all this, the more I feel the danger he was in.  Love is a four-letter word for these people, without a meaning.  Love is a condition not a commodity.  Honest is a tool not a talent.  Grace is an award not an ability.  I wish those hurting others to cover their lies could see what Michael saw.

In My Deepest Dispair . . . Will you Be There?



34 comments:

  1. WOW! Bonnie!

    You sure know how to express yourself!

    You are so deep and so intense, just like Michael was!

    WOW!

    Michael would be so proud of you! And if he can see and read this blog, then I know he IS Proud of you!

    I wish the two of you could have met and talked together.

    You would have been a Perfect Friend for him!

    Because you can See and Feel what he saw and felt and then you can EXPRESS those sights and feelings into words that come alive!

    Thank You Bonnie, for sharing your gift with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,

    Where was that first picture on this blog, taken?

    What is happening in this picture?

    Michael looks like he is in pain or distressed.

    Is it for real or was it a performance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie - Actually, anyone listening to his songs, including you, feel and see what he saw. That is why his music is so transcendent and crosses so many cultures and continents. It wasn't music God wanted Michael to show everyone, it was that love♥

    On the photo above, I am not sure what is going on in it. Michael Bush is either helping him out of a costume or into one on stage mid performance. Michael looks like he is either laughing or exhausting. I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture is from his Man in the mirror performance. He falls to his knees for the bridge of the song and cries while getting up, the other two are helping him up. This is a part of the performance, as he did that pretty much every time he performed that song, though it's hard to tell if he actually cried because he always kept covering his face, poor thing.

    You're right Bonnie, the lyrics have a very deep yet simple meaning, and what a true statement it is that it is precisely the humanity and love in his songs that reached the masses. Even moreso than his extraordinary dancing and vocal abilities, IMO. Goodness touches people in ways that we don't even realize, or may not even be conscious of at the time it touches us, but we are left drawn to it in awe. I know this is true for me, because as a young girl watching his BAD tour, I was in awe but couldn't quite put my finger on the reason why, it was more than his singing and dancing that drew me to him, even at that age. Gosh, why did I just say "even at that age"? Obviously, because children in their innocence can sense innocence and goodness in others. So all of you who sometimes feel bothered by the little rascals flocking to you (LOL), charish it and consider it a compliment. Michael must have had spare senses to recognize this, considering all he was surrounded with. How can anyone NOT understand his words that children is what kept him going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie!
    Thank you thank you <3
    I had been hoping for a post on Will you be there from you, and told you so already.
    You brought tears to my eyes (which is not an accomplishment in itself, tears come up so easily when it's about him.....) - this song is a prayer, an amazing, breathtaking window that lets us see through Michael's heart and soul - and once you do, you are just bound to love him no matter what, to thank him for this lifetime of affection and selfless giving and empathy. There's so much to this song, it truly is magic.
    He knew. He felt. And most of all, he loved, loved, loved. Yes, it breaks my heart, too, that he had this unending ability to give, when, come to think about it, he really did not receive that much. I know he's no longer hurting now, but still I can't help but grieving for the pain he had to endure. And to think that when he wrote this song the worst was yet to come........... sweet strong angel of love, you were too good for this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aida - thank you for the information on that picture. I saw the performance of "Man in the mirror" during that MTV (was it MTV? Geesh!) with the Andre Crouch singers and Michael kept crashing to his knees toward the end during the ad-libs and I thought for sure that man was going to need reconstructive surgery on both knees! The one time Andre had to help him up. Then he kept doing it!

    Michael . . . OWWWW! Okay? Owww and more Owww.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you're talking about Bonnie,that was the 1988 Grammy Awards. You mentioned this in one of the earlier posts with the same question (ie was it MTV) and I meant to tell you but forgot.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjlNkl9PAA

    Talk about giving one's all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee, I guess I needed to lose some salt, to rid myself of some sadness on this day. Michael's beauty is astounding and touches me deeply.

    For those who can not watch that video because of Vevo (?) content:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T1I563GRQc

    Oh...the little boy at 3:02!

    There were tears during the monologue...straight from his heart.

    Indeed, Michael was in this world not of it.

    Beautiful post and thoughtful challenges to the wicked Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Bonnie and everybody for your comments. I love this song.

    I agree with Simo and think the song is a prayer. There are many theories about the meaning of the song and it's interesting how it means something a little different to everybody.

    I have always felt that Michael was having dialogue with God asking for love, comfort and strength. He shares his pain, confusion and loneliness in such a simple and honest way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael wrote so many deep and wonderfully moving songs. "Will You Be There?" is only one of them... it's predecessors being that of "Man in the Mirror" followed by "Stranger in Moscow". One thing unlike most people who have enjoyed Michael's songs, I've long noted is that he quite often told a story in three parts, noting another series being comprised of: "Smooth Criminal", "Dangerous", and "Blood on the Dance Floor". If in doubt, note the similarities in the costumes he chose: for "Smooth" he chose a white zoot suit, for "Dangerous" it was for the most part, black and white (although sometimes he'd change it up with a red shirt), and for "BOTDF" he mainly chose red (for obvious reasons). Try it some time for yourselves. Consider it a challenge, if you wish...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aida - LOL, I know! I keep doing that! Thank you for the correction. Grammy's! Grammy's! Now stick that in my head and don't forget it, Bonnie! That performance was the one that was the beginning of winning my mother over. I sent the link to the Grammy performance to her and told her "Watch him! Listen to him and you will feel him!" Well, she cracked. I sent her "Speechless" after that and she cracked some more. Then I sent her "Childhood". Mission accomplished (patting myself on the back . . . I know, pride is bad, but THIS was a big win! you don't know my mother!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truthbtold - I need to lose a lot of salt. I keep replenishing. What's wrong with me? After almost 16 months you would think I would be one of those dried sponges that cracks from lack of moisture. But still almost every day, something hits me. One of his songs, a video of him at a children's hospital or orphanage, hearing someone like Frank DiLeo talk about his experience with Michael at a cancer hospital (That was rough! "This is our job, Frank, not the stuff on stage...") Seeing how people are still posturing and deceiving like everything he went through does not matter. What his children are possibly seeing does not matter. Yeah . . . that hurts!

    -----------------------------------------------

    Karin - I agree too. That song is a prayer. Many of his songs were. There were some his songs that were so misinterpreted and sometimes because of the depth of the spirituality in Michael, I believe those who believed they were in control also saw the power behind those songs and wanted to nip in in the bud.
    --------------------------------------------

    Lady - It's funny you say that about Michael's song themes in threes . . . my dreams do the same thing (not all of them, but the ones that are supposed to fit together). Interesting theory to look into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie – my heart even expand and my eyes are filled with tears just by reading what you said about “Will you be there” let alone listing the song Michael singing it. This is also one of the most powerful song that he had written. It talks about his loneliness his longing for love, unconditional one. It is also written for all of us who feel the same way as he did.

    Every time I listen to it is a reminder of how people more and more isolated and family integrity is gone down to drain, and no one cares really. And it is also a call for all humanity to be there for each other in time of “In Our Darkest Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie good post!!!
    While Michael wanted to share his gift and use it for good the powers could only see $$$$$$$$. As I watch,listen and read interviews he gave through out his career it gave me insight and a better understanding. Michael was well aware he was viewed as a commodity even to certain members of his family. I can't begin to fathom the emotional pain he felt that began as a child and the wounds that possibly never completely healed. I also believe that salt was poured into those wounds by those who sought to control him so that thier personal agenda could move foward.
    The actions of a few and or many may have wounded him but it also gave him strength and brought him closer to God.
    As I have commented before, what these so called "fans", "associates" and "friends" are doing is only a very small example of what Michael had to deal with on a much larger scale. Through his lyrics Michael told us his story. I am very curiously awaiting his new album release to see what it will reveal.

    Bonnie keep up the good work, stay positive and continue to rise above the pettiness. You are appreciated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing wrong with you Bonnie. I think most of it is empathy, maybe some regret (if you're like me).

    While others have kept up with Michael's life and music, I find it's a lot to absorb in the short time since he's been gone.

    I've always since I can remember, admired his talents and would stop and watch in awe if he was on TV, from the time he and I were both children. I remember when ABC was a hit, and Ben. I used to watch The Jackson Five cartoon. (And The Beatles cartoon too!) I remember when Off The Wall came out and Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough was getting a lot of radio play. Then, Thriller.

    Then, my life went another direction while I was busy running a household, raising a family, wresting with bureaucracy, taking school officials to task, moving our family to greener pastures then back again because they weren't so green.

    For me, the journey of realizing his torment, strength, determination...along with the purity, depths, heart and soul of him, his music, his speeches...what I missed out on makes me feel in part like I betrayed him. I should have been aware of his character and his mission a very long time ago.

    When I now see videos like this one, I break down. The tears and sadness stay with me sometimes for days and I can hardly function.

    Is there something wrong with me? I don't think there's anything wrong with either of us, any of us who are affected that way by Michael, nothing that shouldn't be wrong with a whole lot more people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truth – you said, “what I missed out on makes me feel in part like I betrayed him.” That is what exactly I feel every day. Believe it or not I keep asking his forgiveness every day, walking to take the train to go to work, for not being there at some point in my life. But I did something though I turn my face and my heart away from watching TV, and read anything written about him throughout the many years when he was facing torment and abuse by the media, except hearing from people here and there.

    Sometimes I regret it why I did that and wish I was just there hearing and reading everything and do something about it. But if you ask me what I was supposed to do, I still have no clue.

    But one thing I promise to do since he left us is to apply everything he thought us and be humble and loving as he was to my fellow beings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simo - somehow I skipped over your beautiful post!

    "I know he's no longer hurting now, but still I can't help but grieving for the pain he had to endure. And to think that when he wrote this song the worst was yet to come...."

    This is it right here. What you said about grieving for the pain he had to endure. Very, very unfair that he had so much to harbor. I see some of these articles that "people" wrote about him that are so off the mark I get angry. And I have NOT been a fan all his life (or all mine). But I was never a hater either. He just wasn't someone I listened to all the time (I bought what I could sing/warm up to). But I recognized a good person in him.

    He wasn't too good for this world. I think God put him right where he wanted him. He's actually still working even though he's no longer with us. Residual blessings. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mimi - I feel that too! Right after that night I got the "angel" kiss and woke up with that "Child in the Wings" poem in my head I have felt not only Michael's pain, but I find myself feeling this incredible, huge burden for people that could die never feeling this kind of love and what it is. I think about this a lot. Children in other countries . . . THIS COUNTRY that feel no connection, heart to heart, with anyone. They grow up with emotionally absent parents who themselves don't really know what love is. It's an INCREDIBLE pain!

    I at the very least am THANKFUL that Michael did know that love. You can't give it and exude it the way he did without knowing it. And even though he craved it from those closest to him, he always knew that God loved him unconditionally. He may not have always understood the reasons for the infliction of his pain, but he knew and trusted God loved him. For that I am thankful to God because we can all have that security.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truthbtold - Your story is my story too . . . many of us share his same path:

    "For me, the journey of realizing his torment, strength, determination...along with the purity, depths, heart and soul of him, his music, his speeches...what I missed out on makes me feel in part like I betrayed him. I should have been aware of his character and his mission a very long time ago."

    Your whole post is very familiar to me. How do you deal with realizing that you love someone you've never met, who's life you followed as the result of some strange, knee-jerk reaction to a piece of information or someone's rancid post?

    How do you deal with the enormity of everything that person has taught you as you traveled his life, learning so much about yourself as well as him that your whole capacity for love has completely changed?

    How do you thank him?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truthbtold2all … I feel the same way. I have since forgiven me, but initially after Michael’s passing I was so terribly angry with myself … why/how had I missed this life.

    I knew through the years that the lying tabloids and news reports were filled with trash about him, that he was being teased and ridiculed on talk shows and I refused to listen, I turned my head from the headlines, it was too cruel, … I kept them out, I knew how unfair and hurtful they were being and I didn’t want to listen.... but somehow in that process of defending him by refusing to buy into, or even acknowledge the lies, by not weeding through the toxic waste, I also missed hearing the brilliant messages he sang and spoke.

    Now I have an uncontrollable NEED to know him, to hear him, to understand him, to love him. Michael Jackson’s message of love has always been there and although I may have missed it during his life here on earth, I'm feeling very blessed that I'm hearing and living by it now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truth said: "I've always since I can remember, admired his talents and would stop and watch in awe if he was on TV, from the time he and I were both children. I remember when ABC was a hit, and Ben. I used to watch The Jackson Five cartoon. (And The Beatles cartoon too!) I remember when Off The Wall came out and Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough was getting a lot of radio play. Then, Thriller."

    BINGO!!! Waving my hands in the air...I was only 7 yrs. old when a group of 5 guys had came across the TV screen that was airing the Ed Sullivan Show in December of 1969 and that's when there was this chipmunk-cheeked smiling little boy with magic feet singing and dancing like a veteran of many years! I remember it distinctly because we'd just put up our Christmas tree a few hours before the show. In any case, I was mesmerized.

    Even though I didn't "worship" every single song he sang, he ALWAYS had my full attention because of his dancing. Well... now everyone knows how he got the nickname from me, "magic feet" because that's what he had!!! His feet were absolute spellbinding magic to me! Sure, we sort of "grew up together"-- me watching him on TV, hearing the newest release on the radio, going to the Victory concert in Rosemont, IL (where I'd almost became a human pancake thanks to MJ's shirt-ripping episode which drove all the females insane around me), but then LIFE entered...

    I got married, had babies, you know...LIFE! But, I still managed to buy "Bad", "Dangerous", catch the Dangerous tour on HBO, and all that good stuff. I STILL watched in awe with a huge smile on my face. He's the ONLY performer in all my years of life on this planet that EVER managed to maintain my attention!!! LOL! Trust me...that is NO easy accomplishment either. Even when the crap hit the fan in his life, I witnessed these things totally unknown to him, and cheered him on from the sidelines of this life. When he became a Dad, I noted how his having kids of his own "completed" him. Then, there was the Bashir nightmare, and then 2005, only for me to have been forced to helplessly witness "This Is It" become "That Really WAS It."

    In any case, I'm grateful for the experience. It was (and still is) a ride I'll never forget...

    ReplyDelete
  22. CAthy - "Now I have an uncontrollable NEED to know him, to hear him, to understand him, to love him. Michael Jackson’s message of love has always been there and although I may have missed it during his life here on earth, I'm feeling very blessed that I'm hearing and living by it now. "


    That is my heart you just stated right there. I just said this very thing on the "Damage control" post. ♥
    ----------------------------------------------
    Lady - I remember Ed sullivan. I think I was five when my sister and I saw Michael and mom yelled for us to come in and watch "this little kid". I remember Michael, his brothers, everyone smiling, eyes all shiny. But I also remember thinking "he's not a kid . . . " because he was so much "bigger" than me, LOL! I thought he was near adult. To a five year old he was!

    This is what started my sister and I singing and dancing in front of the patrons at the Green Lantern in Lancaster . . . only we didn't know the Jackson 5 songs. We only know CCR and Neil Sadaka, Everly bros, Johnny Cash. They did not have Motown on the juke box at the Green Lantern. :o((( And I loved Rockin Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am going to bed early tonight, I apologize. But a gremlin just crawled into my stomach and I need to lay down and get some serious sleep.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonnie...you have no idea what this blog has done to me tonight. I am overwhelmed with emotion from your powerful words. Your interpretation of "Will You Be There" was so precise in speaking to Michael's pain and longing. I could feel his need at the core of my heart.

    And B-R-A-V-O for challenging those who claim to love Michael, and exposing them for the opportunists they are! Your eloquence moved me to tears, and I wish the world could see this. These people who fed off Michael need to search their souls for redemption. These were the spoilers and exploiters in Michael's life. For all their years of knowing him or "following" him, not one of them came away with an ounce of what Michael willingly gave to others and shared with the world. Then you have people (excuse me...parasites) like Sneddon, Dimond, Bashir, etc., who caused Michael untold pain and humiliation. Put them all together, from the top down and they have danced on Michael's grave in one way or another, while in death Michael continues to give back as he did in life.

    I wish Michael could have seen this. He would be so moved with love and appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cathy ~ "Now I have an uncontrollable NEED to know him, to hear him, to understand him, to love him. Michael Jackson’s message of love has always been there and although I may have missed it during his life here on earth, I'm feeling very blessed that I'm hearing and living by it now."

    Bonnie ~"That is my heart you just stated right there."

    Thank you girls, me too.

    Lady! How fortunate you are to have been to the Victory concert...any of their or Michael's concerts!

    I am just a tad older than Michael. We grew up in the same era is a more accurate statement.

    The Jackson Five's music was not really in my house either when I was growing up. I had a brother in high school at the time so it was The Beatles, The Turtles, The Byrds, Eric Burden and the Animals, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix. My mom was playing The Four Aces, The Imperials, Bobby Vinton, Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, Acker Bilk, Bing Crosby, Joan Baez, Elvis. She eventually dropped her "long hair hippy freak" stance toward my brother's obsession with The Beatles and became the Beatles groupie in our home. Music was never really an option for me growing up, their music was our music. My mom "discovered" Michael Jackson in the 90's due to my little nephew's admiration of him. That's when she began to love and admire him...as an 80 year old woman!

    You take care of yourself Bonnie, keep those immunities healthy! Sending love and prayers your way...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. "Will You Be There" is one of the most beautiful of Michael's videos. His artistic vision always leaves me agape with wonder and amazement. The minute Michael starts moving in this video, especially when he joins the other dancers, my eyes fill with tears. Michael takes on a deep spiritual life, and I feel I am watching a beautiful floating angel. The way he seems to glide in "slow motion," the sway of his arms, the graceful symmetry, like gentle ocean waves. I once asked the question on Facebook: "Is there a place big enough on the planet to fit an entire world of love? Yes, it lives in the beautiful soul of Michael Jackson." He is nothing short of pure rapture.

    ReplyDelete
  27. BonnieL said...
    "Truthbtold - Your story is my story too . . . many of us share his same path:

    "For me, the journey of realizing his torment, strength, determination...along with the purity, depths, heart and soul of him, his music, his speeches...what I missed out on makes me feel in part like I betrayed him. I should have been aware of his character and his mission a very long time ago."

    Your whole post is very familiar to me. How do you deal with realizing that you love someone you've never met, who's life you followed as the result of some strange, knee-jerk reaction to a piece of information or someone's rancid post?

    How do you deal with the enormity of everything that person has taught you as you traveled his life, learning so much about yourself as well as him that your whole capacity for love has completely changed?

    How do you thank him?"
    ---------------------------------------
    I'd like to echo this. My journey over the last year has been a journey of rediscovering Michael Jackson and then some. I wished I had made more of an effort before his passing. I truly regret that I didn't...:-( I've even contemplated sharing my thoughts in a short letter to Katherine Jackson, but haven't had the nerve to go through with it.

    Bonnie said, "How do you deal with realizing that you love someone you've never met, who's life you followed as the result of some strange, knee-jerk reaction to a piece of information or someone's rancid post?"

    Your words here especially ring true for me. For me, I define love in terms of empathy, compassion, respect and admiration for Michael. It's actually hard to explain because I've never had that kind of reaction to someone I'd never met or was ever likely to meet. (BTW, I would NEVER, NEVER be a celebrity stalker, fan follower, or what ever it is called. How embarrassing!) Like everyone here I grew up with Michael, in a matter of speaking, and was witness, although remotely, to the various events in his life.

    Michael was different to other "celebrities," he could be quirky but never arrogant and always humble and kind. Despite these good qualities there were many who wanted to viciously tear him down. Bonnie has attempted to detail the reasons for this animosity in her blog. So much of it comes down to plain old fashioned greed and perhaps jealousy. In that regard it's almost symbolic of the Biblical Cain and Able story. Sony representing Cain and Michael symbolic of Able. To over simplify, God was pleased with Able's offering but not that of Cain. In a fit of jealous rage, Cain kills Able. Although the difference in the modern day story is that Sony (or whoever) were slow and methodical as opposed to acting in a fit of rage. Anyway, this made for an interesting analogy for me.

    Thank you for your post today, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bonnie said, "He had a faith in God and a love for God that few people have the nerve to even profess in public. And for a pop star to openly talk about God with the same simple, openness of a child just didn’t exist."

    I've been reading this entire post again and again. Your words expressed feelings that I had but didn't have words for. Thank you.

    Bonnie said, "Oprah Winfrey, Why is it that Michael managed to outspend you in charitable giving without the need to broadcast it to the press or through his own talk show? Most found out about it after he died through youtube videos uploaded by his friends."

    This was something that I wasn't aware of about Michael prior to his death. What I mean is that I knew that he gave to charities and visited sick kids in hospitals but MY understanding of his committment was superficial at best. Ugh...:-( The more I learned about the depth of his committment the more deeply I came to admired this man. He was NOT doing this for PR purposes, this was a real mission for him and he didn't advertise it. This is very Biblical to me. God asks us to NOT pray for show and to NOT give for show. I believe Michael modeled this.

    Michael, if you were still here, I'd ask you to forgive me for not paying attention earlier. I can't turn back the clock but it's not too late to pay attention. I am paying attention now, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @SandyK - {{{{Hugs}}}} Me too. I knew next to nothing about him, just surface things. So I'd be asking him to forgive me right along with you. Many others as well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. "Hold Me
    Like The River Jordan
    And I Will Then Say To Thee
    You Are My Friend

    Carry Me
    Like You Are My Brother
    Love Me Like A Mother
    Will You Be There?"
    -"Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson

    Since it is Sunday, I've asked Michael to help me with my Bible study for the day, in a matter of speaking...:-) I hope this will be interesting for non-Christian's as well. I was interested in this verse in his song "Will You Be There" and his use of the river Jordan.

    To start with some background, Christ was Baptized by John the Baptist in the river Jordan. This marked the beginning of Christ's ministry.

    "John the Baptist was baptizing repentant sinners before he baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. (Matthew 3:13; Mark 1:9). After John baptizes Jesus, the Bible records the Spirit of God descending like a dove onto Jesus and a voice from heaven saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17; Mark 1:11)"

    Source:
    "The Crossing of the Jordan and the Christian Life" http://www.suite101.com/content/the-crossing-of-the-jordan-and-the-christian-life-a259851#ixzz12ciyKUtF

    The river Jordan is the natural north/south geographic divide between the countries Israel and Jordan, and has deep significance for Christian's no matter their denomination. According to Strong's Concordance, the word Jordan means "descender" or literally, to go downwards. It can also be interpreted to mean being brought down and subdued.

    For Christian's, baptism is symbolic of this idea of bringing down and subduing sin in order to be brought back up in new life through Jesus Christ, sin free. Baptism in water is a symbolic public display of one’s decision to place their faith in Jesus Christ. Many Christian denominations insist on full water immersion for Baptism. Jehovah's Witness require this. (Baptism is not mandatory to become a Christian and it does not have to take place in the Jordan River itself.)

    The river Jordan is symbolic of spiritual cleansing, of shedding off of the old sinful self to be "reborn" in Christ. It is a crossing point in ones spiritual life and in fact was a literal crossing point for the Old Testament Israelites who saw the river as an obstacle between them and the Promised Land.

    ReplyDelete
  32. (Continued)

    To move off of the Bible study and back to Michael, we know that he was a very spiritual person so his occasional inclusion of Christian symbols and ideas in his lyrics doesn't surprise me. I've always enjoyed how he inserts these concepts without ever coming across as preachy. This song stands out for me since it seems a compliment to a song he sung many years earlier with his brothers called "I'll Be There." A Jackson 5 classic. When I hear these two songs together, I feel Michael is asking us, "I'll be there, but will you?"

    As I mentioned at the beginning of my comment, I was struck by the lyric "Hold Me Like The River Jordan." I thought about this for a while and my brief Bible study helped me to have some understanding of what Michael may be talking about here. I feel that he is not asking for a physical hug but to be embraced spiritually and emotionally as if he were being immersed in the cleansing, purifying waters of the River Jordan. I believe he uses this metaphor to define a "crossing point" from which a stranger becomes a friend as he says "And I Will Then Say To Thee, You Are My Friend."

    A true friend can reflect our true selves back to us with honesty and love and accept us for who we are at the same time helping us grow spiritually and emotionally. God accepts us for who we are, where we are at, but also requires us to go through a transformation. Michael is looking for companionship on a spiritual and emotional level that wasn't based on physical things. We all look for someone in our lives to accept us for who we are and help us to grow in a non-judgmental way. Jesus represents the most pure form of the kind of friendship that we all look for.

    Thank you, Michael, for inspiring my Bible study today!...:-)

    Peace and love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow SandyK, thank you for the amazing insight into what Michael may have been saying about the River Jordan!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.